Monday, July 6, 2009

Planning one vacation while on another

Well, it's an exciting time around Chateau de Potts. This past weekend we went down to southern MN where Kurt and Gina were camping for the 4th. I was not expecting the "camping" to be popping tents on the lawn of a hobby farm, but it was a lot of fun. They had chickens, ponies, sheep, goats, turkeys and a pair of peacocks. And 3 dogs. Vache got along great with Bandit - once he established dominance anyway. He looked like he was part Australian cattledog too, and they had a great time running around. We hung around the farm for a couple meals, tried to blow stuff up but failed (I think I need a better ignition system - my fuses kept going out), and then went to see small town fireworks, which were pretty good.
So what's this planning thing about? Well, on the way down we were busy making arrangements to head out to Idaho in August. Because Idaho, despite the fact that all you ever hear about it relates to tubers, is apparently gorgeous. Not only that, but we have friends out there who used to go to the Rock, but now live on a scenic cabin on a mountain lake and are super excited to have us there. I'm super excited to grab my camera, borrow some lenses and get pictures of places I for now only dream about.

-- Adam

No comments: